Monday, November 23, 2020

What’s That Tune?





It’s that time of the year again. You know the pre-Thanksgiving Christmas music listening time!

Today as I headed off to do my grocery shopping I dug through my console to find an old Christmas CD that I keep there just for emergencies. Actually, it is my favorite Christmas CD, and before I bought it as a CD I owned it as a cassette tape. 

Yes, I think I’ve been listening to this Christmas album since the early 90’s. I’ve memorized every word, and although I have collected many more Christmas CDs over the years, I always return to this one. 

What I have noticed over the years though, and what has become a game to me each holiday season, is predicting what song will play next on the CD.

Now if my life depended upon it there is no way I could ever tell you the order of the songs on the CD. Yet remarkably I have some sort of music memory muscle that automatically knows what song is next when I’m listening to it. 

This happens every year, and I get the biggest kick out of predicting the next song. Now this favorite Christmas CD of mine is Amy Grant’s Home for the Holidays, and I highly recommend adding it to your collection. 

Of course, today we stream our music, but it’s a great one to request from Alexa. 
While I was at the store I also picked up a cute red Christmas barn for the mantle and a Seasons Greetings pillow for the living room. 

They both have been tucked away until after Thanksgiving because although I will cheat and listen to Christmas music ahead of time I always wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate. 

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment