Monday, March 19, 2018

American Idol


American Idol.

It appears that this year it's a kinder gentler season of American Idol, and I'm liking it. I remember the original Idol was all about Simon and his insults. If you could impress him then you must have been really good. 

I've also noticed this season that they seem to be focusing more on those who actually can sing, rather than those who only think they can. I used to call it the American Idol Syndrome. It was all about the dream, and nothing about the talent. 

The everyone wins a trophy mentality had resulted in a whole generation of young people who thought that all that really mattered was how much you wanted something, not whether you could actually sing or not. 

I'm enjoying watching some extremely talented singers audition this year, and their back stories are always endearing. We all have our unique gifts, but not all are blessed with a beautiful voice. Of course, the kinder gentler American Idol judges are also looking for that it factor; that something that you can't really put your finger on, but you know it when you see it. 


I've always enjoyed a good underdog story, so I'm hoping to see an unsuspecting contestant win this year. Either way I know what I'll be doing for the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment