Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Bah Humbug!


Bah Humbug!

Well apparently Ebenezer Scrooge still lives, and was accompanied by the Grinch and his straggly little dog to ruin Christmas for some children attending Breakfast with Santa in Cleburne this year. 

Now I wish I could give you some insight into the whole Breakfast with Santa thing, but unfortunately I never had an opportunity to attend. Not that I didn't want to, it was just that Brittany was terrified of Santa, and it seemed heartless to force her to endure pancakes with the bearded one. 

I digress, so back to the story. Apparently three men were protesting outside of a local church in Cleburne that was hosting a Breakfast with Santa. Now I'm not sure if these men never received a Radio Flyer Wagon as a child and are still hold a grudge against the jolly old elf, or if they have a problem with bacon, eggs and pancakes being served in a church? You know the whole separation of church and steak thing. 

Now the really sad part of the story was that they were actually yelling at the children that Santa was not real. Who in their right mind would do such a thing? Let's just suck all the joy out of the season on the backs of children hoping to get a glimpse of the big guy, and leave with a sticky, syrup high. 

When I hear stories like these, heck who am I kidding I've never heard such a tale, it makes me sad. I don't expect everyone to celebrate Christmas, and that is certainly their prerogative, but don't spoil it for the rest of us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment