Thursday, September 13, 2018

Pantry Heaven



Pantry heaven. 

They say it's the little things in life that bring you happiness. Well I have to admit for me it actually is a larger pantry that makes me smile. 

Over my adult lifetime I have had two styles of pantries. Either an apartment style cabinet pantry or a small closet style. Regardless, both types have always been too small. 

At our last house Chuck attached some wire shelving to the door to add more space, and I used the large upstairs linen closet for the overflow. If you remember I wrote about the apartment cabinet pantry before that I lovingly referred to as the black hole. 

One of the things I like the most about our new house is that for the first time I actually have a walk-in pantry, and I LOVE it! Not only does it store plenty of food with easy access, it also has room for a plethora of kitchen appliances, as well as my cookbook collection. 

Checking the pantry before grocery shopping is as easy as stepping in and stepping out as I take a quick inventory of the shelves. No longer do I end up with multiples simply because I couldn't see what I already had. 

Because there is room on the shelf for appliances they no longer have to take up valuable counter space. Retrieving them is an easy process as well, and when I'm through with them they find their way back to their pantry home with very little effort on my part. 

Actually being able to quickly retrieve a cookbook without completely removing others from their former under the counter home has eliminated the headache of looking up an old recipe. However, to be completely honest I rely quite heavily on Pinterest these days for the meals I prepare. I do, though, get a kick out of seeing my cookbook library there on the shelves. 
There are many things that I love about my new home, but this pantry ranks high at the top. 

"The most simple things can bring the most happiness."
Izabella Scorupco



No comments:

Post a Comment