Monday, September 10, 2018

Chickpeas and Avocado


Chickpeas and avocado. 

I don't usually include recipes on my blog, but recently I came across a very unusual sandwich choice that turned out to be delicious. I thought I would share it with you today. 

Ingredients
1 can chickpeas
1 large avocado
Red onion
Lemon
Salt & Pepper
Seasoning blend

Rinse and drain your chickpeas. Then roll them between two paper towels to remove their skins. This can be a little painstaking, but is worth the effort. 
Then using a hand potato masher mash up the chickpeas, but be sure to leave a few whole beans. 
Dice up an avocado, and mash it with the chickpeas. 
Dice up about an eighth of a cup of red onion, and add to the mixture. 
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon onto the mixture. 
Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. 
Add a seasoning blend of your choice.
Mix all ingredients together. 

Toast two pieces of bread. (I highly recommend this step.)
Serve with lettuce and tomato. 

I've served this twice so far, and it has it has become a new favorite. I never would have thought that this combination would have been so yummy, but it really is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment