Thursday, June 14, 2018

Brotherly Love


Brotherly love. 

My daughter's spending a few days with us this week while her kitchen cabinets are being painted. When she and my grandsons arrived today they weren't here long before the two year old started asking about the toys. 

One of the perks of being in a house is an extra room with a closet dedicated to grandkids. My oldest grandson knows exactly which toys he wants to get out first, but yesterday he did something quite sweet. 

I have the youngest ones toys in a special section of the closet, and before getting out toys for himself my first grandson came out with a handful of toys for his younger brother. He placed them carefully in his brother's lap while he was still sitting in his car seat. 

It struck me as such a sweet gesture. I knew how excited he was about all the toys for him in the closet, but he wanted to make sure his younger brother was taken care of first. Especially since he had no way of getting the toys on his own. 


After brother was taken care of he pulled out the roadmap rug, along with a set of John Deere tractors, and got busy playing. My daughter and son-in-law are definitely doing something right when it comes to these two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment