Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Finding Your Trail


Finding your trail. 


At REI they have a display entitled Finding Your Trail. Now I suppose they actually mean a real hiking trail, but I thought it could be relevant in other ways. 

When we are young we excitingly anticipate the direction our life might take. My niece is visiting colleges this week trying to find her trail. My grandson is literally forging his own trail moving sand from one part of the backyard to the other one shovelful at a time. But sometimes as we get older we become too comfortable on a familiar trail, and are hesitant to try a new one. 

As we get ready for the next move I can't help, but reflect on my new trail.
 Staying in that comfortable rut isn't always the best for our health. The brain craves novelty, and it benefits most when novelty is accompanied by challenge. 

I'll miss the trail I've been on this past year, but to hope always discover new trails to explore. 





No comments:

Post a Comment