Thursday, March 22, 2018

Clutter Confession


Clutter confession.

Well apparently I've been living in the land of denial, and I don't mean Egypt. I've been packing for the last few days, and as my stack of boxes has grown I've come to the conclusion that I must have been kidding myself that I had actually decluttered. 

I suppose as most things it really is quite relative. The amount of stuff found in Buckingham Palace, of course, is much more that what I owned at my last house. However, after getting rid of a myriad of possessions, apparently I didn't get rid of enough. 

Once again through organization, and smoke and mirrors I've given the illusion of fewer possessions in my two bedroom apartment. I kept priding myself on my not so crowded living space, but if truth be known every nook, cranny, dresser drawer, and closet was jam packed. 

I keep thinking about those ever present internet articles assuring us that our Millennial children are not interested in our treasures, so why are we holding on to them? Once again I'm pretty sure I'll be doing another purge once we move into the new house. 

Of course, that will be after my sore back recovers.





No comments:

Post a Comment